You’re a positive and compassionate RVT/AHT who thrives on using your skills and knowledge to deliver excellent patient care. You like to be part of a collaborative team that shares ideas, responsibilities, and healthy doses of laughter. You appreciate the efficiency of a modern well-equipped hospital and know that having the right tools and diagnostics allows you to work at your best.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to join the team at Elk Lake Veterinary Hospital.
Here, we value your voice, respect your knowledge, and will help you build your expertise in the areas of veterinary medicine that light you up. We have an amazing team whose primary goal is exemplary patient and client care. Our RVTs are an integral part of this mission, and we encourage you to use your skills to their full potential.
We offer above-average compensation and strong benefits including generous CE and dues coverage, paid wellness days, dental and extended health benefits, a scrub allowance, and profit-sharing. RVTs work four 10-hour days per week; we are closed Sundays and open shorter hours on Saturdays.
We are a full-service small animal hospital, and we promise that no two days are the same. From surgery to ultrasound to dentistry, from kittens to iguanas to our resident alpacas, we do it all - come join us!
At heart, you:
- Want to support genuine and long-lasting client relationships
- Have a deep commitment to providing the best patient care at every life stage
- Are a clear and respectful communicator (written and verbal)
- Have a sense of urgency and dedication to both quality and efficiency
- Naturally multitask, prioritize, and effectively shift plans in changing circumstances
- Have a meticulous eye for cleanliness, details, and optimizing workflow
- Possess above-average knowledge of anesthesia, monitoring, and sterility
- Are determined to seek out the positive and encourage your colleagues to succeed with you
If this sounds like a good match for the next step in your career, we’d love to meet you!
PS - We have a generous signing bonus to help with moving costs! Our hospital is located on the southern peninsula of beautiful Vancouver Island, surrounded by tranquil beaches in all four directions and the mountains just a short drive away.
Candidates must be a graduate from a recognized and accredited college of Animal Health Technology and a member of the BCVTA or eligible to become a member within 90 days of hire. Applicants who are not Veterinary Technicians from a recognized college will not be considered for this position. Foreign graduate veterinarians, with a minimum of two years of clinical private practice who are able to verify technical skills, may be considered for this position.
Your application was submitted successfully.